OIDC Confiurationoauthoidc August 05, 2020
Tales of configuring OIDC for Google, Yahoo!, GitLab, Apple (?), and others
Configure a Site to use a well-known Identity Provider (e.g. Yahoo!) using OpenID Connect (OIDC).
First, trust me, don’t trust this list: Wiki List of OAuth and OIDC providers
It says Yahoo! does not support OIDC, but Yahoo! says it does: Yahoo!’s OIDC Configuration
So, how to configure OIDC for an external provider? The steps are similar to all, so I will mention the general steps, and only the endpoints per provider.
- Create an Application
- Set Redirect URL
- Enable openid scope, and optionally profile, email
- You’ll need the client_id and client_secret
On Consumer’s Site:
- Go to OIDC Login
- Add Provider
- Set Provider name (e.g. yahoo)
- Set Client ID and Secret as defined in the Provider app
- Set Endpoints according to the provider URLs
- Apps portal: https://developer.yahoo.com/apps/
- Apps portal: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials
- Apps portal: https://gitlab.com/profile/applications
Don’t know if I will ever find out, a developer’s license costs around 33 hamburgers
In any case, the process is detailed here: https://developer.okta.com/blog/2019/06/04/what-the-heck-is-sign-in-with-apple
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.